Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Anti-Preservation Society

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christonabun

Christonabun

The Anti-Preservation Society Empty
PostSubject: The Anti-Preservation Society   The Anti-Preservation Society I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Several years back my (then) fiance and I had a text-based review site, where we discussed films that we felt should never have happened. Not bad movies, not funnily bad movies, but movies that should be burned in a pit. This was sort of our testing ground for the concept, with video reviews and a website of its own to follow. It unfortunately never got that far, though we did record a live riff of Children of the Living Dead that no one will ever, ever see.

Over the years I've toyed with the idea of bringing it back, and believe I'm finally at a point where stirring up those old feelings wouldn't gut me emotionally...so, I present this prototypical version to you, in the hopes of some constructive feedback. I'm already aware of the problems with trying to basically summarize an entire film, scene by scene, and assure you that's not the direction I would take it in if this were something I were to pursue again.

At the time there were a gazillion other sites just like this, and it seemed that everyone on the internet was reviewing movies. Thankfully that has sort of died down, and the cream has risen to the top, leaving stuff like Geek Juice to really flourish. That leaves me a little more comfortable to perhaps play around with the concept again, and beef it up to acceptable standards.

Inspired by Crow T. Robot himself, this is what would have been The Antipreservation Society

Oh...ignore that SLC Punk post....I was drunk and angry. In fact, I'd just go to the bottom of the next page and start from the "beginning."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Preservation Society   The Anti-Preservation Society I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm embarrassed by much of these, as it's more jokes than actual, concrete criticism or anything insightful as to why these films shouldn't exist. I do feel some of the jokes are pretty solid, though.

If I were to give it a go again, the focus would be more towards critiquing, and less at trying to be Mike Nelson. It happens, I guess. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor
Captain Skullsaber

PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Preservation Society   The Anti-Preservation Society I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Some of it is pretty funny!

I find it odd that your site , called The Ant-Preservation society" uses the same web design that " The Free Information Society " used at least up till a few months ago . not that i think anything of it other than a funny coincidence in how 2 separate societies could develop in similar ways without being aware of each other.

Wait, I think that came out a bit deeper than i intended
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Preservation Society   The Anti-Preservation Society I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Captain Skullsaber wrote:
Some of it is pretty funny!

I find it odd that your site , called The Ant-Preservation society" uses the same web design that " The Free Information Society " used at least up till a few months ago . not that i think anything of it other than a funny coincidence in how 2 separate societies could develop in similar ways without being aware of each other.

Wait, I think that came out a bit deeper than i intended
Haha, awesome! I wasn't aware of that, but if it helps explain, that's just the way blogspot was layed out at the time...and I still to this day don't quite know how to properly navigate the internets.

I may have technically "run" the Ministry website for a few years, but I never really understood the technical side of all of that - if we have to get down to it, I suppose I was more of a moral arbiter than anything else, with help from the members in regards to anything computery - to be clear, that's the band Ministry, not anything to do with religion.

You think, being the age I am, and growing up when I did, that I would be perfect at this whole computer revolution thingy, knowledge-wise. My family certainly still operates under this mistaken assumption, much to my chagrin. Unfortunately, I can't even properly figure out my "new" Samsung Android, which is actually four years old now. That's just how I roll, mah peeps.

I do have another idea in mind, in regards to this whole review dealy, which I've for some reason sort of set my heart on. I'll have to consult some folks in my family about it, but I think I may have stumbled across a solid idea that isn't batshit crazy for once in my life. If it happens to bear any not-batshit-crazy-results, you'll be the first to hear about it here. A Geekjuice exclusive that they didn't even remotely ask for... but I don't mind. Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Preservation Society   The Anti-Preservation Society I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Anti-Preservation Society
Page 1 of 1