Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Horrors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Hey! Like Horror movies? Check out Hart Fisher's AMERICAN HORRORS uncut horror 24 hours a day 7 days a week! Currently free for a limited time so there's no excuse NOT to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

As much as I'm sick of the man schilling his crap every two seconds, I also have to recommend this - and I do so wholeheartedly. This is THE place to go for horror fans like me, and it's fantabulous.

My issues with Hart notwithstanding, I highly advise all of you to check it out.

That makes it sound like I don't care for Hart Fisher, which isn't true - he's a very interesting person. But I just shut off every time he goes into salesman mode, and I've gotten to the point that I usually just scrub past his segments on WTF because I'm not there for a sales pitch. I sorta feel like that's a shame as he obviously has so much to say, but that's just me.

Anyway, he's getting my money, so I feel like I'm allowed to criticize. But do not let any possibly negative feelings get in the way of his product - trust me, the man knows horror, and this is the place to go for it.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm usually schilling Geek Juice every two seconds so I'm not offended by salesmanship.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Mmmmmm, no. At least, not on that blatant a level. But I like you both, so I don't care.

You try out those Safe-Cigs yet? I'm curious to hear a partisan review. I've been using the Blu brand e-cigs for five weeks now, and have only had one or two slips this whole time - that's a minor miracle. Also, my order of "Johnson Creek Smoke Juice" just arrived today, since I found out you can refill the cartridges yourself and save money. I got the sample pack, but so far the Espresso flavor is really hitting the spot.

*ahem*

American Horrors rules! Ferreals!
Back to top Go down
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Hart's really motivated about what he does and talks about it all the time because it's something he enjoys. I really like Geek Juice and talk about it a lot because this site is like my other child. I have no problem with honestly motivated self promotion.

You ever talk to Lloyd Kaufman - now that's a guy who does a TON of self promotion. ANYTHING you bring up as a topic will be turned back to Troma. You want to talk to Lloyd Kaufman about "Rocky" he'll let you know that Jon Avildsen also directed a Troma movie and that Troma did the 2nd Unit work on "Rocky." You want to talk to him about "The Avengers" and he will remind you that Samuel L. Jackson was in a Troma movie. It's honest self promotion.

Schilling and empty promotion would be more like an infomercial - people getting so motivated about something that's a piece of shit and you're not buying it because that same salesman already sold you crap in the past that they said was "The greatest thing ever."
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 am

Hm. I seem to have struck a nerve and hijacked the thread, my bad. Does anyone else here use this service? It's so totally worth it. Already seen several obscure flicks I probably never would have heard of otherwise.

Back to top Go down
pigfarmergames

pigfarmergames

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Quote :
Schilling and empty promotion would be more like an infomercial - people getting so motivated about something that's a piece of shit and you're not buying it because that same salesman already sold you crap in the past that they said was "The greatest thing ever."
Totally agree. I'm not against advertising or pitching your shit to the right audience. I'm always willing to check out independent filmmakers, podcasts, shows etc.

It's the mass market lowest common denominator bullshit (like the verizon ads on blip tv) that make me want to go on a mass killing spree.

That said, American Horrors is great
Back to top Go down
http://pigfarmergames.com
Christonabun

Christonabun

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:41 pm

"Spookies" is on tonight! Can't recommend that one enough.

IMDB Link

Recent AVGN review
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

American Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Horrors   American Horrors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Horrors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geek Juice Forum :: Movies-