Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Adventures of Pete & Pete

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Christonabun

Christonabun

The Adventures of Pete & Pete Empty
PostSubject: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Been watching these DVDs from Netflix with the kiddo, and it's been a blast! I remembered liking this, but it was all vague memories (I was probably a bit old for Nickelodeon at this point, as I'm fairly sure I'd already started smoking pot).

But what a great show! I do dearly miss those early 90's days of just the weirdest, most oddball stuff being on television...I sort of feel that they'd never get away with this show these days. I already knew my daughter was awesome, but it's so heartwarming to be sitting there watching this together and answering all her questions about my childhood, and suburban life, and surrealist storytelling, and best of all getting the random comments like "Daddy, why does Nickelodeon suck now?"

This is a time capsule glimpse into a very specific point in American culture, and I guess I didn't even realize I missed it.

Quick aside - remember when school started in September, instead of August? My kids seem to have half the "summer" that I did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Am I gonna have to post my Pete & Pete photoshop projects?

Actually, it was a fun show. Damn unique and one of the most interesting and original shows on at the time.
Back to top Go down
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor
Captain Skullsaber

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Found a list and video for all the guest cameos

From this site

"In order of appearance:

Patty Hearst
David Johansen
Ann Magnuson
Martin Donovan
Suzzy Roche (The Roches)
Sarah Shannon (Velocity Girl)
Chris Elliott
Bebe Neuwirth
Syd Straw
Steve Buscemi
Gordon Gano (Violent Femmes)
Janeane Garofalo
Debbie Harry
Heather Matarazzo
Kate Pierson
Michael Stipe
Marshall Crenshaw
Juliana Hatfield
Luscious Jackson
Iggy Pop
Hunter Thompson"

Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm

You think I would remember Hunter Thompson, as he was a hero of mine even back then. I loved when Steve Buscemi showed up as that character, and I realized that not only was this the first thing I ever saw him in, but that he had stuck with me since then.
Back to top Go down
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm

All I know is that I marked out for "Artie....The Strongest Maaaaaaaaaaaaan.....in the Wooooorld!"
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 am

Watched the Mr. Tastee episode this morning with the kiddo, with the commentary on - her idea! - and we found out that Artie is the guy in the Mr. Tastee suit, ha! Watch the episode again and you'll pick up on his mannerisms immediately. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Just watched the episode with Bebe Neuwirth ("The Call"), and remembered why she was one of my original TV crushes (back in the "Cheers" days). Ever since I was a boy, I've had a thing for pale Jewish women with an icy demeanor. Thanks for making life even more difficult, Lilith!

The Adventures of Pete & Pete Gif-st10

Um....that's not from Pete & Pete, I just like it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Pete & Pete   The Adventures of Pete & Pete I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Pete & Pete
Page 1 of 1