Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)

Go down 
+2
AlexJowski
Mistress J
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mistress J
Admin
Mistress J

Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 am

Are there any other big Silent Hill game fans out there who are as pissed off as i am on how this movie looks? Sooo much wrong, just from the trailer alone... Not to mention a majority of the "special effects" look sub par to that of an Asylum flick... I won't go in deep here on my thoughts, as if i'm still in town this weekend i'll be seeing it for the cinemasnob site with brian. But, i AM curious on others' thoughts. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Mistress J wrote:
Are there any other big Silent Hill game fans out there who are as pissed off as i am on how this movie looks? Sooo much wrong, just from the trailer alone... Not to mention a majority of the "special effects" look sub par to that of an Asylum flick... I won't go in deep here on my thoughts, as if i'm still in town this weekend i'll be seeing it for the cinemasnob site with brian. But, i AM curious on others' thoughts. Evil or Very Mad

I've actually never played a Silent Hill game. But I really enjoyed the first Silent Hill movie mostly because I DIDN'T know it was based on a video game. This new movie looks exactly like every single crappy video game adaptation that's ever existed. I'll take the Double Dragon movie over this.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Mistress J wrote:

Played the first Silent Hill game for 20 minutes. The babies freaked me out and I stopped playing. I never returned to the series. That being said I loved the first movie and was hoping this one would be more of the same. Instead with get shitty 80s-style 3D jump scares with really terrible CGI. As someone who isn't a fan of the game series, I can't be mad at this movie on that level, but I can be mad at the movie for taking a good concept and turning it abject shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com
TheTonnina
Site Contributor
TheTonnina

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:24 am

I must be a different kind of fan... I don't play horror games for the same reason I don't watch horror movies. Over active imagination=nightmares and mind tricks.
I did, however, help my brother beat SH3. I read the game guide to him while he played. I actually liked that game a lot. It has a great story, if I remember right. This movie looks to follow the 3rd game pretty closely and that's enough for me. The first movie didn't follow the first game (I've watched 1, 2, and 4 played but not all the way through) as far as I can tell. I'm looking forward to this one. I loved the first movie... It was awesome... but like I said, I must be a different kind of fan.
Back to top Go down
http://facebookme.geekjuicemedia.com/
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:29 am

Really?! You made a thread about this?! You know I'm just gonna flood this with hate and ranting about how much these pieces of cinematic shit are ruining a classic game series (which in cases has already been ruined by the games themselves is you look at origin, homecoming, & downpour). God these movies are so fucking bad and I'm sick and tired of people going "Game adaptations always suck... oh except Silent Hill" which is totally not true cause the first movie is a giant middle finger load of shit to any fan of Silent Hill 1-4 and yes I said Silent Hill 4 because guess what IT'S A GOOD FUCKING GAME YOU CYNICAL ASSHOLES! Maybe if you played the game you'd realize that also you'd find out that the majority of the people who worked on the game were from Team Silent the creators of 1-3. Yeah originally it was supposed to be it's own title but they switched it into a SIlent Hill game before they even started working on it! I'm talking back around when they first were writing it. But holy shit the films are a giant piece of crap honestly fuck you to anyone who says "Well those were good video game adaptations" cause they're not! I will be back later to probably go into more detail and rant more about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 am

Dustin K. wrote:
Really?! You made a thread about this?! You know I'm just gonna flood this with hate and ranting about how much these pieces of cinematic shit are ruining a classic game series (which in cases has already been ruined by the games themselves is you look at origin, homecoming, & downpour). God these movies are so fucking bad and I'm sick and tired of people going "Game adaptations always suck... oh except Silent Hill" which is totally not true cause the first movie is a giant middle finger load of shit to any fan of Silent Hill 1-4 and yes I said Silent Hill 4 because guess what IT'S A GOOD FUCKING GAME YOU CYNICAL ASSHOLES! Maybe if you played the game you'd realize that also you'd find out that the majority of the people who worked on the game were from Team Silent the creators of 1-3. Yeah originally it was supposed to be it's own title but they switched it into a SIlent Hill game before they even started working on it! I'm talking back around when they first were writing it. But holy shit the films are a giant piece of crap honestly fuck you to anyone who says "Well those were good video game adaptations" cause they're not! I will be back later to probably go into more detail and rant more about this.

You know Dustin, you could just copypasta this rant and participate in Trailer Park this week.....
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 am

AlexJowski wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:

You know Dustin, you could just copypasta this rant and participate in Trailer Park this week.....

Well if you want Alex to just throw this in there for the Silent Hill Trailer Park go for it.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 am

Dustin K. wrote:

Josh? Is that you posting under Dustin's login? Sorry, just sounds like a Josh rant :-P
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 am

Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:

Josh? Is that you posting under Dustin's login? Sorry, just sounds like a Josh rant :-P

You obviously haven't heard me when I go into rant/rage mode on stuff I love getting bastardized.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 am

Dustin K. wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:

You obviously haven't heard me when I go into rant/rage mode on stuff I love getting bastardized.

To be fair, the Resident Evil movies are far worse bastardizations of a franchise than the first Silent Hill movie was. Save your anger for the real fights ;-)
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 am

Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:

To be fair, the Resident Evil movies are far worse bastardizations of a franchise than the first Silent Hill movie was. Save your anger for the real fights ;-)

Yeah but those are pure shit. No one ever says those are good and yes I can go on and rant and rage about them but so many people say the Silent Hill movie was "good" and thats what bugs me the most cause it's not. It's a terrible terrible adaptation that really only serves to piss off fans in so many ways.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:46 am

Dustin K. wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:

Yeah but those are pure shit. No one ever says those are good and yes I can go on and rant and rage about them but so many people say the Silent Hill movie was "good" and thats what bugs me the most cause it's not. It's a terrible terrible adaptation that really only serves to piss off fans in so many ways.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I actually did really like Silent Hill. So did Jowski. Neither of us are die hard fans of the games though, but that doesn't change the fact that I found the movie to be interesting and suspenseful and actually really worked that hard R rating. I mean, spoiler, but a woman has her skin flayed right off of her body and another gets raped by spike chains at the end. It's a dark fucking movie, and I thought it worked well. It creeped me out, had great cinematography and mood, and really worked. Jowski even told me he wasn't even aware before watching it that it was a video game adaptation. I think that's why people like it. It works as a movie, even if it's a not a great adaptation of the game.
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 am

Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:
Dustin K. wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I actually did really like Silent Hill. So did Jowski. Neither of us are die hard fans of the games though, but that doesn't change the fact that I found the movie to be interesting and suspenseful and actually really worked that hard R rating. I mean, spoiler, but a woman has her skin flayed right off of her body and another gets raped by spike chains at the end. It's a dark fucking movie, and I thought it worked well. It creeped me out, had great cinematography and mood, and really worked. Jowski even told me he wasn't even aware before watching it that it was a video game adaptation. I think that's why people like it. It works as a movie, even if it's a not a great adaptation of the game.

I'll give you the cinematography and the atmostphere they really did good on recreating the feel of the town and how it looked and some of the camera shots whens shes walking down the alleys but as for pyramid head and the bubble nurses they should NOT be there. In Silent Hill 2 the pyramid head and bubble head nurses were a creation from James guilt and sexual repression the nurses were because while his wife was sick he would look at the nurses and what not around the hospital and see them as just just a sexy body and he was sexually frustrated and repressed which is also why Pyramid Head rapes other monsters, not that James raped anyone but Pyramid Head is James own guilt and his anger punishing him he should NOT be in the movie and NOT in any other games except 2 because they are creations of James psychie by the town. Rose is not sexually repressed or frustrated from what we are shown she has a family and kid and seems fairly happy with her life she doesn't seem to have any dark back story or anything it's really a bullshit way to shoe in a popular monsters who are now killing the series and a big problem with the series now. I can keep going on but this post is getting pretty long so I'm gonna end it here.
Back to top Go down
Mistress J
Admin
Mistress J

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Oh my, the can i have opened here. muh ha ha ha! now THIS is threading! well dustin, you know i'm with you on this. in fact, we just had a nice little chat about it. I won't say much further here though, as i SHALL be in the review video that's going up on the site... so... the interwebs shall feel our silent hill fan wrath (well, yours will be proxy, but mine & brian's will be there!) Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Mistress J wrote:
Oh my, the can i have opened here. muh ha ha ha! now THIS is threading! well dustin, you know i'm with you on this. in fact, we just had a nice little chat about it. I won't say much further here though, as i SHALL be in the review video that's going up on the site... so... the interwebs shall feel our silent hill fan wrath (well, yours will be proxy, but mine & brian's will be there!) Evil or Very Mad

Well I guess everybody has something they will fan girl or fan boy out about Smile The second Resident Evil movie made me feel that way actually, especially considering how much they fucked up Jill's character in that movie. The first and third RE movies were tolerable though as long as I convinced myself that they had nothing to do with the games, lol. I know how you guys feel, I just liked the first Silent Hill movie. This new one looks like ass though.
Back to top Go down
Mistress J
Admin
Mistress J

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Kevin Daley wrote:
Well I guess everybody has something they will fan girl or fan boy out about Smile The second Resident Evil movie made me feel that way actually, especially considering how much they fucked up Jill's character in that movie. The first and third RE movies were tolerable though as long as I convinced myself that they had nothing to do with the games, lol. I know how you guys feel, I just liked the first Silent Hill movie. This new one looks like ass though.

It's very odd. I can look at the 1st Silent Hill movie from two different perspectives. If you view it from an "outsider" who has never played the game, story wise and collectively it's decent enough. However, then you come with the flaws of line delivery & camera angles that seem odd not knowing they were done so to mimic the feel of the game. (which i enjoyed). As a Silent Hill fan, yea, they fucked it up. And they shot themselves in the foot with all the changes they made within the first, having to now make more horrible changes since they've already disrupted the (ALREADY EXISTING) story they were trying to "revamp". But this second one, i dunno, i don't think it'll be the same type of situation where i can separate myself from it. Also, you've got it in 3D which most likely may destroy the remaining "feel" of the games. Not because of the 3D itself, but most likely the type of shots they'll do to make use of the gimic. SO much wrong story changes wise, special fx, and...

*.....my rant continued further for about 2 large paragraphs, until i stopped and decided to rescind it and wait until the video. Anything else i may have not added in the video i'll post later, or perhaps do a summary.. i dunno. but yes... so much wrong.. so much...
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Mistress J wrote:
Kevin Daley wrote:

It's very odd. I can look at the 1st Silent Hill movie from two different perspectives. If you view it from an "outsider" who has never played the game, story wise and collectively it's decent enough. However, then you come with the flaws of line delivery & camera angles that seem odd not knowing they were done so to mimic the feel of the game. (which i enjoyed). As a Silent Hill fan, yea, they fucked it up. And they shot themselves in the foot with all the changes they made within the first, having to now make more horrible changes since they've already disrupted the (ALREADY EXISTING) story they were trying to "revamp". But this second one, i dunno, i don't think it'll be the same type of situation where i can separate myself from it. Also, you've got it in 3D which most likely may destroy the remaining "feel" of the games. Not because of the 3D itself, but most likely the type of shots they'll do to make use of the gimic. SO much wrong story changes wise, special fx, and...

*.....my rant continued further for about 2 large paragraphs, until i stopped and decided to rescind it and wait until the video. Anything else i may have not added in the video i'll post later, or perhaps do a summary.. i dunno. but yes... so much wrong.. so much...

Aww, but I enjoy your rants Smile I'll just have to watch the video then I suppose. And yes, it's honestly the 3D gimmick that makes this next one look so awful. Shit jumping at the screen like it's an 80s slasher movie. And the awful CGI. It still has Sean Bean and Kit Harrington (he plays Jon Snow in Game of Thrones...not that I've read all of the books and watch the show or anything...), but I don't even think they could save this movie.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:42 am

You pretty much covered everything I would have in the review, Ms. J (that is, when you weren't being talked over).
I was well excited for this until I saw the trailer; I had my fit, and now, for my health, must let it go.
*Breathe in the good...Exhale the bad*

No sod it I'm mad! Say it with me, people:
"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!"

BTW, did you know "Network" is now on Netflix Instant?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:07 am

It happened...I actually got THAT bored. So I watched it.

There's really nothing I can say that wouldn't get me sent to jail, so I'm gonna go back to my corner now. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)   Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill: Revelation (Grr!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geek Juice Forum :: Movies-
Jump to: