Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N

Go down 
+4
AlexJowski
Kevin Daley
ChristopherWalken
Mistress J
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mistress J
Admin
Mistress J

Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N Empty
PostSubject: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:44 pm

These are 2 shows that are blatantly "not good", but i can't help but to LOVE THEM SO! Being a huge Zelda fan, i KNOW what an abomination the cartoon rendition is, but i STILL love watching it. Maybe a purely childish nostalgic effect? I remember looking forward to every Friday when the super mario bros. super show would air that one episode of zelda instead of the mario segment for the week. I feel the same with Captain N. (which oddly enough within this "bad show" has a zelda crossover w/ the same voice actors from the zelda cartoon, and their renditions in Captain N are portrayed BETTER than in their own show). I'm aware these shows are abominations in their own ways (especially what they turned Simon Belmont into), but dammit, i love 'em! ...So, i'm curious. What do you guys think? I love you
Back to top Go down
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I just loved that Levi Stubbs of The Four Tops was the voice of Mother Brain....and also the voice of Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors.
Back to top Go down
Mistress J
Admin
Mistress J

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:20 pm

ChristopherWalken wrote:
I just loved that Levi Stubbs of The Four Tops was the voice of Mother Brain....and also the voice of Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors.
Me too! If you close your eyes and start dozing off while you have it on, it sounds like Audrey II is saying funny things Very Happy Did you know that Kid Icarus was voiced by Gaeta in Battlestar Galactica, AND was the english voice actor for L in "Death Note" (Alessandro Juliani). Just a trip when you hear Kid Icarus and know it's Gaeta & L! Craziness!
Back to top Go down
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Awww, my little poo is so smart when it comes too Animes! It makes Mister J so proud!
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 pm

I haven't seen either in years, but I remember liking them in spite of their perceived "badness". I think I'll have to pick up those shows on DVD in the future, if they're available. They would make a great companion to my Super Mario Brothers Super Show DVD collection.

(and yes, I'm bored at work. Hence the posting :-P)
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com
Mistress J
Admin
Mistress J

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Yep, they are both on dvd (i know for a fact as i own them both lol) cheers
Back to top Go down
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I did get a chance to see the Super Mario Bros Super Show recently - it was streaming on Netflix. It brought back some memories but also made me realize that I really had no benchmark for quality when I was 8 years old.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeah I don't think any of these shows have any objective quality to them, lol. That being said, they're still a lot of fun and totally worth watching in spite of all of that.
Back to top Go down
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor
Captain Skullsaber

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 am

I've always wondered why there was no Cool "Exclusive to Japan" cartoons for Zelda , but there WAS one for Mario, and as far as i know , Nintendo has yet to do a dubbing and modern DVD release for it

Even though it makes even less sense than the Super Mario Bros Super Show, it looks and feels 1000% better ( i really wish this would get an official release)

But if you wanna see the WHOLE thing, once again without even subtitles .......

Here you go!

Is it just me, or is this animation reminiscent Of Inspector Gadget? (whos' production used Japanese Animation houses like every other cool cartoon in the 80s)
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
hazer_synn

hazer_synn

PostSubject: RE: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm

I cannot recall anything about the Zelda cartoon, but I liked Captain N a fair bit, until the Gameboy addition. I actually liked the campy/comic relief of Simon Belmont, strangely. Agreed as well, Levi Stubbs was awesome in it.
Back to top Go down
http://violencevisceravixens.wordpress.com/
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:25 pm

hazer_synn wrote:
I cannot recall anything about the Zelda cartoon, but I liked Captain N a fair bit, until the Gameboy addition. I actually liked the campy/comic relief of Simon Belmont, strangely. Agreed as well, Levi Stubbs was awesome in it.

All you need to know about the Zelda cartoon is Link says "Well Excuse me Princess!" A LOT

Back to top Go down
hazer_synn

hazer_synn

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I've seen that before, thought it was from that shit CDI game honestly. Man that would get old quick. How did they think making Link a fucktard was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://violencevisceravixens.wordpress.com/
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 pm

hazer_synn wrote:
I've seen that before, thought it was from that shit CDI game honestly. Man that would get old quick. How did they think making Link a fucktard was a good idea.

I was gonna say the same thing. In every game, Link is this great, kind hero, and in the animated series, suddenly he was a tremendous douchebag...
Back to top Go down
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:09 am

ChristopherWalken wrote:
hazer_synn wrote:

I was gonna say the same thing. In every game, Link is this great, kind hero, and in the animated series, suddenly he was a tremendous douchebag...

That's what I thought was amusing about the Legend of Zelda cartoon. That and how Zelda was actually kind of badass, at least to my recollection.
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Pardon my persons madam of royalty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Speaking of Captain N....

Have you seen the new episode of 80's Dan? http://thecinemasnob.com/2012/10/27/80s-dan-chud-ii-bud-the-chud.aspx
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Numero Uno of classic nostalgia video game cartoons

Deal with the facts this show rocked
Back to top Go down
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Yes! Great episode all around!
Back to top Go down
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:33 pm

ChristopherWalken wrote:

Who let the CHUDs out?!
Back to top Go down
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:36 pm

AlexJowski wrote:
ChristopherWalken wrote:

Who let the CHUDs out?!

It wasn't my turn to watch em.
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Yeah that Earthworm Jim cartoon was the best ever!
Back to top Go down
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 am

Dustin K. wrote:
Yeah that Earthworm Jim cartoon was the best ever!

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:30 am

Man, screw those cartoons....the CEREAL was where it was at! Wink

They were even nice enough to split the box down the middle (one side for each show) so we didn't have to have all that product in there. It....wait a minute....

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Christonabun wrote:

They were even nice enough to split the box down the middle (one side for each show) so we didn't have to have all that product in there. It....wait a minute....

I can hear the wheels turning...
Back to top Go down
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Christonabun wrote:

It wasn't just a cereal - it was a whole cereal SYSTEM!
Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N Cereal1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N   Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda Cartoon/Captain N
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next