Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What music are you listening too right now?

Go down 
+10
TriptychAlessandro
GoreWhore
Christonabun
Kevin Daley
Captain Skullsaber
hazer_synn
Dustin K.
AlexJowski
Mistress J
ChristopherWalken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am

Also Jowski keeps telling me about how much he loves and lives by this song and how he listens to it endlessly while staring up at the moon with a strobe light.

Also I've been listening to this song a lot cause I love the video and the songs super catchy (& no it's not a boy band the actual band are the guys you can see at some points in the crowd)

SO FUCKING CATCHY AAAAAAAGHHGHGHHHUUUUHHH
What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I-Feel-Better
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 am

Soundtrack to my Krull dream. I can only assume it came on my playlist while I slept.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Sat through Get Him To The Greek the other night, and fairly hated it. I did like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, so I just kept waiting for something funny to happen...waste of time. One bright point was this song, though, which I immediately had to go and buy on iTunes. French cover of "So Happy Together," a favorite.

Back to top Go down
TriptychAlessandro

TriptychAlessandro

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Vulture - by Patrick Wolf

he's my new favorite artist and I can't believe it took me until this year to find him!

Back to top Go down
http://www.pressplus1.com
Blergh

Blergh

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:06 am

I'd mentioned this one-man band in a chat during one of Mike's streams over the past week and figured I'd share it here. This is Umberto, a project by Matt Hill whom is also a member of the psychedelic band Expo '70. The purpose of this project, specifically in regards to the album From the Grave, is to pay unabashed homage to the '70s and '80s giallo soundtracks by Fabio Frizzi and oft-utilized band Goblin to the films of Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento. From the pulsing beats to the creepy synths, Umberto nails it. Here's one of my favorite tracks, "Forsaken Dawn":

As documented, I'm a fervent fan of metal of all genres and I wear that pride with a big, dumb grin. Pennsylvanian death metal veterans Incantation recently released their new album and first in six years, Vanquish in Vengeance, a few weeks ago and is easily one of my favorites of the year. In spite of a slew of bandmembers both in studio and live coming and going throughout the entirety of their existence, their vision of blasphemous, occult death metal ranging from the blisteringly quick to the churning, doomy, cavernous passages that are a signature part of their sound has never wavered. Their new album has a more "cleaner" production than they've had in any of their previous records, but the songwriting is still top-shelf and revitalized. This is "Ascend into the Eternal":

Back to top Go down
Jesse-Michael

Jesse-Michael

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm working on a music video for this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ-dlqOc25c
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nemofranciskovic
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Happy, sunshiney musics for the beach.

She makes me go "tee-hee."
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 am

Just checking out the OST to Django Unchained and was happy to see that the brilliant Django Theme was on there. Did Tarantino use it anywhere in his movie?
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:42 am

Okay...Trinity is on there too. I'm going to eargasm.
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Listening to a lot of Killing Joke lately and this is the song I'm listening to the most by them.
It sucks this didn't make it on the album and was just thrown on an EP but great song none the less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
Tom Badguy
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
Tom Badguy

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm listening to James De Santos take calls...all day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombadguy.com
Blergh

Blergh

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Moving my head and neck in an upwards and downwards motion at a high rate of speed to the new double album by Swedish stalwarts Soilwork, The Living Infinite. Easily their best album of about the past ten years when they moved to a more contemporary metalcore style from their At the Gates-influenced melodic death metal beginnings as many of their peers also shapeshifted over the years to varying degrees of both critical and commericial success.

In spite of guitarist and primary songwriter Peter Wichers's second departure from the band, those influences do come through stronger in the heavier songs than even the previous two albums, The Panic Broadcast and Sworn to a Great Divide. Speed's vocals are at the top his game with his growls aggressive yet enunciated as expected and his singing stronger than its ever been. His choice of phrasing and melodies really comes through in the choruses, separating him from many other frontmen that simply switch to popstar mode. Dirk Verbeuren continues to maintain and improve upon his reputation as once of the most skilled drummers in and outside of the genre. When he's not driving the band forward full steam ahead the groove is allowed over in slower sections, never abandoning his fill-happy nature but not saturating the space with unnecessary movement, either.

Keeping in mind that this is a double album, a growing rarity across music in general these days, the songwriting is remarkably consistent and focused. Neither disc is frontloaded with better songs nor does the second album merely copy the first in structure and composition. An unexpected surprise from a band that felt it had a lot to prove for fans, detractors, and especially themselves at a point in their career when it seemed they were drifting off into an ocean of the monotony inhabited by both teachers, students, and uninspired knock-offs. They won't be winning back fans only specifically interested in their sound up until Natural Born Chaos but this may be Soilwork's most complete effort of their career. Fans of Scar Symmetry, middle era In Flames, Killswitch Engage, etc. and Soilwork themselves will find this a wise investment.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:43 am

Twisted Evil My new theme song. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music are you listening too right now?   What music are you listening too right now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What music are you listening too right now?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3