Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anticipation for new year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendell Parker

Wendell Parker

Anticipation for new year Empty
PostSubject: Anticipation for new year   Anticipation for new year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am

Some films I am hyped for this year are...

Kick Ass 2- I loved the first Kick Ass, and all of the actors from the first are returning for this one. Chloe Grace Moretz is one of the greatest young actors out there and this new has the added bonus of Jim Carrey.

Iron Man 3- again, the first two films films were great, the first one better than the second but I still liked both. I'm not that much of a comics guy so I've never read any of the Iron Man comics, but I do really like Robert Downey Jr. and his depiction of the character.

Pacific Rim- I am a huge Guillermo Del Toro fan, so I was hyped when I first heard he was doing a Kaiju film... with giant robots. It's an over the top and fun concept and I think it looks great. And at the very least, it will hold me over until the new Godzilla comes out next year.

And for television shows I'm looking forward to...

Breaking Bad's mid 5th season premiere will be sometime in the summer. It is the last season of the show and in the mid season finale, Walter's brother in-law Hank finally discovered that he was Hiesenburg.

Sons Of Anarchy- the 5th season of SOA closed on Tara being arrested for conspiracy of murder after Gemma gives her up. I'm interested in how they will follow this up and also can't wait to see the conclusion between Jax and Clay.

American Horror Story's third season will be this year, and recently at a Q and A the Creator of the show revealed the subtitle of the third season to be "American Horror Story: Coven" and also said that one of the filming locations will be in New Orleans. This had led to speculation that it might be about the 17th century Salem Witch Trials.

Dexter- I thought season 7 of Dexter was one of the best so far. I also thought that the finale of season 7 was great. I'm looking forward to see the change in between Dexter's relationship with his step-sister and the continuation of Hannah's plot.

There is a lot more cool stuff that is coming out his year, what are you expecting to be good? Or bad?
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Anticipation for new year   Anticipation for new year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Gotta take a look on IMDB for what's coming our way in 2013.
For TV Shows I'm also looking forward to the Breaking Bad Finale and to the 3rd Game of Thrones Season. According to IMDB there will also be a third season for Boardwalk Empire so that's also on my list. And finally...if Sherlock will air the 3rd season this year than this might be bigger for me than Breaking Bad.

Now to Movies:
Iron Man 3 - Second one sucked, but I loved the first one and I'm also a huge Robert Downey Jr. Fan. Not to mention the teaser that came out looked pretty nice.

Star Trek into Darkness - Never was a big Trekkie, but love the movies 2-4,6 and the 2009 Reboot which was a big surprise for me. So after watching the teaser and those leaked first 10 Minutes I just knew I have to watch this. Not to mention that Benedict Cumberbatch is in it!

Fast and Furious 6 - You can start the hate now Cool. Hated the first two, but liked the 3rd and the 5th one...mostly because of Han who is by far my favourite Character. While I liked the setting of 3 (Drift-Racing in Japan)...5 was a really entertaining actionflick.

Hangover 3 - Also mainly because of the entertainment...and I kinda wanna know how they end everything.

Man of Steel - Just wanna see how this turns out actually. No other reasons.

Pacific Rim - Can't wait. Guillermo Del Toro is a great director and the whole Kaiju-style idea is great. Also wanna know what Asylum makes of this idea...wasn't there something about a Atlantic Rim movie?

RED 2 - Never wanted to see RED because I thought it was just one of those Direct-to-DVD Bruce Willis movies that were popping up. But when I went to rent some movies and and had one free movie to rent I thought "Aw...what the hell..." and took it. And it was amazingly entertaining. Would watch this 5 times in a row before ever thinking about watching Die Hard 5 again.

The Conjuring - Liked Insidious, like the first saw and like Dead Silence. So I will watch James Wan's movie also.

The Wolverine - Wolverine in Japan...nuff said.

Elysium - Neill Bloomkamp is always good for it and I don't think this will suck.

Kickass 2 - Read the comics and like the first movie. Trailer looked fine too. Nothing more to say

The Worlds End - Simon Pegg, Nick Frost...again...nuff said

Machete Kills - First one was pretty good and I really like Danny Trejo.

Insidious 2 - Basically what I said about The Conjuring.

The Tomb - Sly and Arnie...don't need anything more.

Sin City 2 - Robert Rodriguez and the first one was amazing. Also liked the Comics.

Thank God I'm through...
Back to top Go down
Wendell Parker

Wendell Parker

PostSubject: Re: Anticipation for new year   Anticipation for new year I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 pm

I liked Insidious quite a bit so I'm looking forward to the sequel too.

I liked the first Hangover. Didn't hate the second but didn't like it either. If the the thirds differs from the same plot than maybe it will be good.

I havent seen the previous Riddick movies but I have heard good things and the story for the new one has me intrigued.

White House Down- This is going to be recognized as another one of those "two extremely similar films released near each other" like a Bugs Life and Ants. Olympus Has Fallen came out recently, and now we get the Roland Emmerich directed doppelganger. I like Roland Emmerich a lot because he makes some of the most over the top and goofy movies ever. Also it has Jamie Foxx, but sadly, stars Channing Tatum. http://www.movieinsider.com/m10066/white-house-down/
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Anticipation for new year   Anticipation for new year I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Yeah...White house down didn't make it on my list because of channing tatum, but I should have given props to my german buddy emmerich there Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anticipation for new year   Anticipation for new year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anticipation for new year
Page 1 of 1