Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canadian TV

Go down 
+7
SincerelyAlexx
Captain Skullsaber
ChristopherWalken
Christonabun
Dustin K.
AlexJowski
hazer_synn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hazer_synn

hazer_synn

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Just curious on exposure, is there any fans of the 2 greatest Canadian TV series ever on here, Trailer Park Boys and Kenny vs Spenny?
Back to top Go down
http://violencevisceravixens.wordpress.com/
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Kenny Vs Spenny aired in the US on Comedy Central for a while. People liked it, I guess, but it really wasn't my thing.

I've only seen Trailer Park Boys on Netflix - and loved that show and it's movies, watched it all. Heck, an 11yr old Ellen Page was on the 2nd season of that show. Don't know if it ever aired on US television though.
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor
Dustin K.

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 pm

hazer_synn wrote:
Just curious on exposure, is there any fans of the 2 greatest Canadian TV series ever on here, Trailer Park Boys and Kenny vs Spenny?

Sorry gonna have to correct you there the 2 greatest Canadian Tv series are Kenny Vs Spenny & Kids In the Hall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
Christonabun

Christonabun

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Here, I fixed it for you:
hazer_synn wrote:
Just curious on exposure, is there any fans of the 2 greatest Canadian TV series ever on here, Kids In The Hall and Corner Gas?
Razz Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
ChristopherWalken

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Christonabun has it correct.
Back to top Go down
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor
Captain Skullsaber

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

I personally think Kenny Vs Spenny is not funny, at all...like Tim & Eric not funny ( yes , "Tim and Eric" are a barometer for how " not funny" something is )

Trailer Park boys, however, is endless awesomeness....and Ricky cures me of a bad mood every time i'm in one.....i have watched the show since at least season 4 ( i have seasons 1-7 archived) and continue to wait for all the TV specials they seem to put out at least once a year since the regular show ended
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Captain Skullsaber wrote:
I personally think Kenny Vs Spenny is not funny, at all...like Tim & Eric not funny ( yes , "Tim and Eric" are a barometer for how " not funny" something is )

Trailer Park boys, however, is endless awesomeness....

I am glad someone agrees with me in not liking Kenny Vs. Spenny. I just don't get what people liked about that show.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 am

I also found it abrasive. Never knew or cared it was Canadian, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
SincerelyAlexx

SincerelyAlexx

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 am

I know I'm a little late on this one but I do enjoy both!
Actually I only liked Kenny of Kenny vs. Spenny and that's why I enjoyed his show "Triumph of Will" which he did after Kenny vs. Spenny ended.

As for Trailer Park Boys ... LOVE THEM!
They are so hilarious and always make me laugh.
They're even more hilarious live and are AMAZING at staying in character.
When I met them they were super kind, and cracked me up! My favourite Canadian show for sure.
As for other Canadian shows I can't really say much...
I do appreciate The Rick Mercer Report and some episodes of Corner Gas but that's about it for Canadian Television.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:07 am

I saw the german version (Elton vs. Simon) first and for the first two seasons it was really entertaining...but then they made the whole thing into a live show and that's when everything went downhill. After that I came across the original, but only watched a couple of episodes so far. Some time after that they started showing Testees which I really liked. The last canadian thing i watched was that Sci-Fi Series Continuum...not bad at all and I'm looking forward to the second season.
Back to top Go down
TriptychAlessandro

TriptychAlessandro

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 pm

I always thought it was pretty impressive that Bubbles (Mike Smith) could stay in character with those glasses. He doesn't need those glasses and real life and they probably screw up his eyes, but he just keeps on truckin.

As for Kenny vs. Spenny.....eugh. It's barely better than Tim and Eric....BARELY.

My favorite Canadian TV show is probably NHL on TSN. Heh, see what I did there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pressplus1.com
Tom Badguy
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate
Tom Badguy

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Speaking of Canadian TV, I downloaded a series called Charlie Jade that Josh told me about. Haven't watched it yet but he said good things. Any one else watch it?

And Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks are some of my favorite Canadian actors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombadguy.com
BigChris

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

My top 5 all time:

You Can't Do That on Television
Degrassi Jr High (1986-89 version)
Trailer Park Boys
SCTV (1977-81 only)
Bizarre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canadian TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canadian TV   Canadian TV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian TV