Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iTunes issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Christonabun

Christonabun

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm

For some reason, this show in particular always gives me problems. Yes, I'm aware there are other ways to get the show, but I like that iTunes auto-updates, auto-syncs, and puts all my podcasts in their own section so I don't have to go hunting for them through 30Gb of mp3's.

Right now it's eps 95 through 97, all uploaded on the 4th, that aren't working. Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to bring it up, but in the last year I've sent emails to Geekjuice, left comments on contributers' FB pages, etc. when this would happen and never gotten any sort of response. Just want to make sure it gets seen is all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/christonabun
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm

No problem in bringing it up here. I can forward this information onto the one in control of the itunes syndication for Radiodrome to see what troubleshooting can be done.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks man. I sort of feel like a jerk for complaining about free entertainment, but it happens a lot (on iTunes, I mean).

Unfortunately, that format tends to work better for me, as I listen to all these shows in my car.
Back to top Go down
GoreWhore
Site Contributor
GoreWhore

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

the main issue I've noticed is that when they get uploaded to the archive initially Josh has a naming structure of RadioDrome Episode #.mp3 and that's usually how it is when I update on Saturdays, now... sometime within that following week someone goes back into the archives and changes the name of the file to RadioDrome Episode-#.mp3, thus making what I originally linked to 404. I'll send an e-mail to to Todd and Josh and see if we can get this from happening so often.

second issue that pops up occasionally, is that if the Jackalope server is busy when I'm updating it sometimes won't pick up on the correct file size and length of the program posted, which if you're just getting it from the RSS is no problem but seems to affect those that update from within iTunes pretty frequently.

just PM me either here or on FB (/jisatsudreams) whenever a problem arrises and I'll see to it asap, and Josh DOES forward these kind of things whenever someone asks him but since I don't mind being contacted directly feel free to save him the forward haha.

also, don't be shy, I do appreciate feedback as I want to make accessing the shows I work on as user friendly as possible.

with that being said I'm checking on the feed now and it seems ep 97 is the 404 issue and 95/96 are the file size glitch. I'm on it Smile
Back to top Go down
GoreWhore
Site Contributor
GoreWhore

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

I believe it's fixed but Apple takes their sweet time in reflecting any changes so give it 24 hours, and if it's not working correctly then I'll bash my head into a wall and see if that helps. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

Christonabun

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 am

No need for that! Works as of this morning, thank you.

I'll make a note of your email, but if I ever bother you it would be for troubleshooting type stuff - I realize you're all very busy. Thanks for getting it sorted, though.

monkey

^ I don't know about this guy. It says monkey, but he rather looks like a duck...someone should look into this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iTunes issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: iTunes issues   iTunes issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iTunes issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geek Juice Forum :: Podcasts :: Radiodrome-
Jump to: