Geek Juice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Geek Juice Flow!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raspberry Pi Computers!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor
Captain Skullsaber

Raspberry Pi Computers!! Empty
PostSubject: Raspberry Pi Computers!!   Raspberry Pi Computers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:26 am

let me say that i HATE the idea of "Cloud " computing, or really any system that is completely dependent on an outside line

I like Computers that can be Self contained in the fact that once you set them up, you can do what you want independently from any outside system .

and with all this in mind, i think Raspberry Pi Computers are gonna revolutionize the PC market by bringing together Hobbyists and the Poor Alike .

Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspi_Iso_Blue
Raspberry Pi Computers!! 7513051848_9a6ef2feb8_o
Not only that, but it runs on Linux. and this could be the opportunity to start breaking away from Mainstream Home Computer OS's

Now, perhaps you are thinking : "Hey, I don't know Linux, and i sure as fuck don't know how to do anything cool with it, why would i want one?"

well, at only $35, you can buy your own, and buy a nerdier friend one, he can be the guy who does all the work in setting it up, then simply copies his Card over to yours..Everyone is Happy

NOW, you might be saying: " Well what can you really do with it?"

Right off the bat....you need a case . that's where creativity comes in.
you can either make your own, or find one on the interwebz

this is what you can buy

Raspberry Pi Computers!! PiBow-raspberry-pi-case-500x500
Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-pi-case-blue-green-2-500x500

And this is what you can Make
Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-Pi-Geek-Cases-12Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-Pi-Geek-Cases-1Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-Pi-Geek-Cases-16Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-Pi-Geek-Cases-10Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-Pi-Geek-Cases-4

Now you wanna know what it can be used for?

Well, a hell of a lot actually

Let's start with the easiest

An XBMC Media Box ( this only requires loading the proper OS)
And yes, this will play full 1080P video files of all types as well as any Audio you have. and all you do is hook a usb HD up to it, and plug it in to either a classic Analogue tv or, a modern HDMI port.

NEXT.....Classic Gaming Machine

Emulators and such can be used on this machine And in a VERY user friendly manner

and of course, as a standard mouse and keyboard computer! some kinks are still being worked out for Skype use and Adobe Flash with the internet browser, but this is a new Product, and those will be ironed out

And those are just a few very standard examples

most of all, it's a charity, and a chance to get kids started on Things like programming, and getting creative, at the same time, giving them a great pay off for the work, and all for dirt cheap

But find out more at the main site!! HERE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
AlexJowski
Admin
AlexJowski

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi Computers!!   Raspberry Pi Computers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:38 pm

I am SOOO getting one of these awesome things.
Back to top Go down
GoreWhore
Site Contributor
GoreWhore

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi Computers!!   Raspberry Pi Computers!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:36 pm

http://www.raspbmc.com/

unf unf unf unf unf unf.

I swear, everyone I know is getting xbmc for christmas. (ok maybe just like two people but still....)
Back to top Go down
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor
Captain Skullsaber

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi Computers!!   Raspberry Pi Computers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:14 am

Found some more places to get cases

Like this Super Sturdy thing i found out about here
Sturdy, Cheap, and ships Quickly...or at least that is the tag line they seem to use
Raspberry Pi Computers!! Sshot50193e566813a

And here is a site dedicated to Raspberry Pi stuff

ModMyPi
Like full set up kits
Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-pi-basic-set-up-kit-500x500

Then i saw this....as something being actually sold
Raspberry Pi Computers!! Raspberry-pi-lego-case-1_1_1
and that was from : HERE

And this is the Last manufactured case i will post about
Raspberry Pi Computers!! ID859_LRG

Find it > HERE
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
Kevin Daley
Site Contributor
Kevin Daley

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi Computers!!   Raspberry Pi Computers!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Jowski and I were looking at this things a while back. I love this idea. Is it going to be able to run my high-end modern games? Nope, but for most other things this product is incredible, and very portable, which is also awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raspberry Pi Computers!!   Raspberry Pi Computers!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raspberry Pi Computers!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geek Juice Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: