HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christo's Interactive Dream Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Christonabun

PostSubject: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm told I should keep track of this sort of thing, as there will probably be questions at the eventual inquest. Since this is just a normal thread, feel free to chime in with opinions, insults, or even share your own dreams (if you're cool enough to remember them).

Anyway, I'll start:
I had a nightmare last night, wherein I entered my home to find this happening.

For what I believe are obvious reasons, I'm now frightened of going downstairs...

ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Kinda off-topic:

What has Tom Green been up too lately? Last time I saw him, he was on that U.S show "Thank God You're Here". Is he still doing his moronic "Pay attention to me!" schtick from his Tom Green show days?
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Aside from featuring in my (and Drew Barrymore's) nightmares, I've no idea. Hadn't even heard of the show you mentioned. I sincerely hope he's not doing the same crap; the man must be in his late 40's by now.

ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:15 pm

According to his website, he's currently on tour doing stand-up. As long as he's mellowed out and isn't the way he used to be on his show, that's just fine.

....So uh, yeah.....that Dream Journal thing...
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Christonabun wrote:
Aside from featuring in my (and Drew Barrymore's) nightmares, I've no idea. Hadn't even heard of the show you mentioned. I sincerely hope he's not doing the same crap; the man must be in his late 40's by now.

He's actually doing a talk show recorded from his living room and its all set up like any late night interview show and he has a studio audience there and it's actually pretty good at least I really enjoy it.

ROBOCOP
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Got through about 40 seconds of that video, then Tom said Any Milonokis and I had to stop.

He was another one of those "Oh God, why did he have a show?" people back then...
Back to top Go down
Dustin K.
Site Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 pm

ChristopherWalken wrote:
Got through about 40 seconds of that video, then Tom said Any Milonokis and I had to stop.

He was another one of those "Oh God, why did he have a show?" people back then...

Well other then Andy who's rarely on there the show is pretty enjoyable especially with stuff like this

ROBOCOP
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/
ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Kinda weird when Tom Green is the person giving the "WTF?" reaction in a situation where he's present.
Back to top Go down
Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Soooooo, "Interactive Dream Journal" as in Lucid Dreaming Journal?

I used to be able to observe that i was in a dream or nightmare, and could change aspects of it ( like flying, attempting superpowers or freeze time) but that was back when i had access to hallucinogenics and was a semi regular partaker in it's more shamanistic uses ( god i know that sound hippie as fuck, but i thought of it as doing the " Dream Warriors " thing CORRECTLY)

those experiences actually didn't happen while i was fully under the spell of the substance, but when i went to sleep afterword...

much later I had a weird Vivid as Hell dream after a friend asked if i wanted to snort an Ambien . I'm not huge into snorting, but it was with in my parameters for things i will try at least once, so i did it. that dream involved a future reality that seemed so god damn real i remember totally buying it without question, hell, i questioned it after i woke up . I have yet to have a dream that could ever match the realism of that particular experience. it was too crazy of a dream for me to even want to fully describe here ( or i'm just too lazy to wanna type that much, pick one)

..........and one of the few totally sober memorable dreams i ever had involved me running from Xenomorphs..... and in the process picking up bank robbers , and beauty Queen contestants , as we all tried to escape the horizon filled with the Shiny shelled fuckers, and watching as they consumed and ripped apart every man, woman, child, and animal that was in front of them......it was pretty brutal, and ended with Me, and the one surviving bank robber and Beauty Queen contestant , making our way to a high rise roof , only to open the last door and catch the jump scare of a Xenomprph on the other side of said door , which made me jump up from sleep in a cold sweat

So there is something i never thought i would type about in this forum ..............................................
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/free-and-legit-games.html
Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 pm

I think, Mr. Skullsaber, that you just won this thread. I've never, ever described someone as winning the internets in any way, because, how would that work? Then you went and showed me; good on ya, bub.

I actually meant "interactive" in the way that you could all comment on my weird ass dreams, make fun of them, whatever... but I like your version much better.

The truth is, I've always envied lucid dreamers - to be able to be cognizant of what was actually occurring, and then affect it in whatever way you wished? Hell to the yes, please! I've really only recently begun even remembering my dreams, period, and have been largely disappointed that it's mostly coming across Tom Green in my living room, or shit like that. I guess bourbon and Taco Bell at three AM wasn't helping - now that I'm trying to take better care of myself, I find that the nightmares are tapering off. Maybe someday I'll get to the point where I get to fly and fight Freddy and shit, but not yet.

Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Quote :
I actually meant "interactive" in the way that you could all comment on my weird ass dreams, make fun of them, whatever... but I like your version much better.

Oh!.....I should have clarified that before i just started talking about my strange morality with drugs and it's involvement with dreams ........

Well, I can't take it back ! but i am glad to hear it was at least an enjoyable tangent , and, if it is worth anything, completely honest ....for good or bad , there it is LOL

Back to top Go down
Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm certainly not anti-hallucinogen - I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. My only complaint on that subject is that they basically stopped working for me sometime in my mid-20's, around the time I started drinking heavily...then the depression followed.
I think I just put together two very obvious puzzle pieces in regards to my brain chemistry. Interesting.

Captain Skullsaber
Site Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Christonabun wrote:
I'm certainly not anti-hallucinogen - I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. My only complaint on that subject is that they basically stopped working for me sometime in my mid-20's, around the time I started drinking heavily...then the depression followed.
I think I just put together two very obvious puzzle pieces in regards to my brain chemistry. Interesting.

If i have learned ANYTHING in life, it is that Hallucinogenics are not depressing

Oh....and there is this article too...........

LSD should be considered for alcoholism treatment, study says
Back to top Go down
Mistress J
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

I approve of this topic Smile
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am

I feel like I just got patted on the head, yay!

Not much to report: I was dreaming that I was some sort of agent working at the FCC in order to bring them down from the inside when my daughter woke me up - not sure where that was going, or why they were actually an evil organization straight out of an Austin Powers movie, but dang it, they were gonna PAY.

I should maybe skip reading "Sanity Is Razor Thin" before I go to sleep.

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 am

Losing this one fast, and man, was it looooong. Down to a series of impressions now, instead of events.

I'm in a college dorm, but then it's a hotel, something noir-ish - all burnished wood panels, bare bulbs hanging from the ceiling, that sickly green formica and layers of dust covering most surfaces. It isn't a hotel now, but a flophouse...I get the feeling that I've sunk to some new low in order to be stuck here. And I am stuck - the lady at the desk doesn't want us to leave; it's just one of those things you KNOW in a dream, I guess. There are others - hollow shells of people, haggard and old, clad in wifebeaters or coveralls with work boots. Everyone needs a shave; everything smells of whiskey. They're gathered together in the hall, watching Family Guy on a big console television from the fifties, but that doesn't strike me as odd - something new has made its way into this place, like a flower blooming through broken concrete, and that can only be a good thing.

Seeing this bright, exciting animation puts the rest of this weird, drab place into context, and I no longer want to be here. But there's the lady at the desk, and I most definitely have her attention. Defeated, I slump back to my room. I lay on the thin, squeaky mattress and pull a ratty old afghan that smells of mothballs and grandma's house over my head in a vain attempt to sleep, but I'm getting anxious. I can see shuffling movement in the light coming from under the door, and I just know these lonely people are waiting for me to fall asleep.

FUCK THIS. I'm out the window, down the fire escape, to the alley below. I land in a puddle, and that's a shame, because now my pants are wet to the knee and I've got that blind date to get to. We were gonna meet at the theater, and I'm already running late...

I navigate the town from Dark City, trying to find the cinema, and then *zap* I'm there. I guess I've met with my date, as she's standing in line with me, but we don't speak. I sort of get the feeling no one does, here. We're led into a building, the same as the flophouse - everything is old and in disrepair, but nearly...plasticized? It looks like the very air is somehow preserving all the old wood, and granite. There's an old rotary phone, covered in dust, and I reach for it...
The lights dim, and a man appears on a small stage at the front of the entryway. We're among a crowd now, more of these listless people surrounding us. Everyone is smoking, EVERYONE, and I just quit, damnit! But I realize what this is - it's the "holding pen," like the entryway at a Disney attraction before they take you in to the ride proper...and I think I might be in the Haunted Hotel.

The man on the stage informs us that we've been gathered here (he repeatedly uses that word, "gathered,") for a special live Rifftrax presentation of a German impressionist film from the 20's. He apologizes that there will be no subtitles, but that's alright, "because we all speak the language here, don't we?"
Then he fucking WINKS at me. I don't know what he's on about, as I sure as shit don't sprechen sie Deutsch. My date squeezes my shoulder, as if to say "It's cool, we got this."

Inside the theater it's packed. But these aren't the hollow, workaday zombies from before - it's a group of rambunctious teens, being typical teenagers at a movie. We find our place, and I stuff my jacket under the seat. For some reason I leave the theater, I guess to get popcorn, and when I return the inside has changed. It's now one of those beautiful, ornate cinemas from the forties, all decked out with chandeliers and gas lights. I walk around the theater three times looking for her, hoping to get a wave or a shout, but she seems to be gone. Someone is sitting where we were - I know this, because my jacket is under the seat. I walk around behind them as the movie starts and tug my jacket out from there, but it isn't right - it's become a yellow rain slicker. I start to get pissed as I pull jacket after jacket out from under the seat, flinging them all around me as I go, determined to find my coat; but I can no longer remember what it looks like.

"Fuck this noise!" I scream as I gather up an armful of jackets and power my way through the crowd toward the exit. On the screen, an upside-down clown bounces about in glorious black and white, while Kevin Murphy's booming voice just laughs and laughs and laughs.

I remember the overwhelming sense of defeat, the feeling of being stuck. I remember the brisk pace and sense of urgency in my walk. I remember the shiny wood door, and how tantalizingly close I was to exiting. What I can't recall is if I ever made it.

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am

Typical sex dream.

Booooooooooooorrrrrrrriiing.

ChristopherWalken
Site Affiliate
Site Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Christonabun wrote:
Typical sex dream.

Booooooooooooorrrrrrrriiing.

Not if there's a real hot gal in it.
Back to top Go down
Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:13 pm

The fact that I read everything you say in Walken's voice just made me, quite literally, fall out of my chair.

Laughing

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 am

Someone put a big pile of french fries on my newspaper, and I could no longer read it through the grease spots.

That is all.

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 pm

"Marion, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Marion. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!"

Too late.

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Dreamed of a woman I recently met, a terribly cute lil' thang. It was spring, and I was giving her a piggy-back ride through the park, running and laughing through the green grass. Not much detail or definition to it, just a sense of elation...in fact, I tried to go immediately back to sleep when I woke up, because I hadn't been that happy since I don't know when.

But alas, it's nearly noon, and one has to get out of bed at some point. I think I'm gonna go talk to her today, but I'll leave the embarrassing dream to myself for now. Embarassed

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 am

Spent my last few bucks buying her a coffeemaker, after using the last of my gas to take her to the store. santa

And I got a hug out of it!

I am such a sucker.

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am

So.....my knee just exploded.

I've been having problems with my left knee lately - I'm relatively young, but I believe it's what arthritis must feel like. If I sit immobilized for too long (usually only an hour or so) my knee will begin to swell; eventually, the pain becomes crippling if I can't get up and move around on it. In fact, I had to get up three times during Argo because it was a smaller theater with zero foot room and I'm very, very tall.

In this dream, I shot up in bed, knowing something was just wrong. I start to rub on my knee, trying to get the swelling down, but it's no good. I go to stand up and immediately collapse. Pulling my flannel jammie leg up (hush, you) I can see that something is very wrong here, indeed. The skin is red, and it almost looks like there's something squirming around in there.

I'm too shocked to do anything but stare; thankfully, I don't have too long to dwell on it. My entire knee begins to inflate like a balloon filling with blood. The pressure is intense. In my head, I've become a gibbering idiot, no longer able to move or act but only observe as my body betrays me.
"Ohmygodwhatthefuckthisisnothappeningsomeonehelpmeplease" as I feel the skin begin to tear from the pressure. Slapping my two hands over it, I squinch my eyes shut, no longer able to even look. It's pure panic, and I'm shrieking in registers that should be impossible for me to hit when I feel it let go under my hands like a rotten grapefruit. The last thing I remember is the splash of fluids on the floor, the sound of a bucket of mop water being spilled on concrete.

So.....despite it being four hours before I usually wake, I'm fucking UP. Ironically, my knee isn't bothering me at all this morning. Think I'll go for a walk.

Christonabun

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:55 am

Fell asleep in the middle of Obscurus Lupa's review of Evil Dead 2 and dreamt of a cute, snarky redhead with a chainsaw.

If I'm going to be this easily influenced, I'm just gonna start watching porn at night.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christo's Interactive Dream Journal   

Back to top Go down

Christo's Interactive Dream Journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next